Sunday, April 22, 2012

Parents


Guest post by Gerard Mcdaniel

I am starting to realize that my parents are getting older. My mom is 26 years older than me and I have always felt really close to her. We have always been able to go everywhere together. She recently went with me to take my kids to the zoo and she became really tired after we had been there a few hours. It made me think about the fact that she and my dad are not as young as they once were. Sometimes I worry about their safety in their home. I used to think that my dad was invincible and that he could protect himself against anything. However, he has had some health issues lately and is not as strong as he once was. I talked to my dad about looking into ADT home security for their house and I think I convinced him that it would be wise to have some kind of system installed. He agreed to it after I told him that it would make my mom feel safer. I am sure it is hard to come to the realization that you’re getting older.

No comments: